Without a doubt, Accountable Care Organizations, or ACOs, have been hotly debated in the media. But most people don’t even know what an ACO is. Better yet, why the hell should you care about an ACO? Jeffrey Cohen, Founder of the Florida Healthcare Law Firm, is here to help. And if you’re thinking this will be a dry and boring “lawyer-type” of interview, I think you’ll be surprised. Jeffrey is incredibly entertaining and highly engaging. So listen close…you might just learn something!
Jeffrey Cohen is the Founder and President of the Florida Healthcare Law Firm. He has over 25 years of healthcare law experience. The focus of Mr. Cohen’s practice, background and expertise is in transactional healthcare and corporate matters, particularly as they relate to physicians, medical practices, ambulatory surgery centers and imaging centers. He is board certified by the Florida Bar as a specialist in healthcare law and has served in a variety of roles, including Associate General Counsel of the Florida Medical Association. Mr. Cohen was named “Best Health Care Attorney” in 1995 at the Sixth Annual Medical Business Healthcare Awards and was recognized by his peers in Florida Trends July 2008 issue as one of the Florida Legal Elite for 2008. Prior to founding the Florida Healthcare Law Firm, Mr. Cohen served for thirteen years as a partner in a respected law firm located in South Florida.
Interview Highlights with Jeffrey Cohen
- The origins of ACOs – Accountable Care Organizations.
- The general concept of an ACO.
- The 5 core components of an effective ACO.
- The goals of an ACO. Hint: think of squeezing a tube of toothpaste backwards!
- Why ACOs are so flawed.
- Examples of quasi ACOs that are actually working.
- And much, much more!
This Is What You Can Do Next
1) You can listen to the interview with Jeffrey Cohen right now:
2) You can also download the mp3 file of the interview by clicking here.
3) Don’t forget – you can listen to this interview and all of the other Medsider interviews via iTunes. And if you get a chance, leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. It really helps out.