What do you typically do when you want to know something? You Google it, right. Pretty normal. But what if you have a health question? Google isn’t very good for delivering succinct and accurate health information. With that said, what if you could ask a “real” doctor a question anytime, anywhere? 24/7 access to an actual physician. No more waiting rooms!
In this interview with Ron Gutman, Founder and CEO of HealthTap, we learn how HealthTap is revolutionizing the physician-patient interaction. And perhaps more intriguing, Ron shows us how medtech and medical device companies can take advantage of this unique platform to engage with their customers and patients in a profound way.
Interview Highlights with Ron Gutman
- What is HealthTap and how is this technology disrupting the traditional physician-patient interaction?
- Want to ask a question to an actual doctor anytime, anywhere? Better yet, get a 2nd opinion within seconds using HealthTap’s “Agree” feature.
- 4 reasons why physicians should consider participating in the HealthTap community.
- How medtech and medical device companies can take customer engagement to a new level using HealthTap’s platform.
- Think the healthcare and lifescience communities are slow to respond to emerging web trends and technologies? Learn why Ron thinks this is NOT true.
- Ron’s lasting advice for medtech doers. Hint: Believe that friction can and should be removed!
- And much more!
This is What You Can do Next
1) You can listen to the interview with Ron Gutman right now:
2) You can also download the mp3 file of the interview by clicking here.
3) Don’t forget – you can listen to this interview and all of the other Medsider interviews via iTunes. And if you get a chance, leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. It really helps out.
4) Read the following transcripts from my interview with Ron Gutman. Also, feel free to download the transcripts by clicking here.
Who is Ron Gutman?
Ron Gutman is the Founder and CEO of HealthTap. Prior to founding HealthTap, Ron was the founder and CEO of a leading online consumer health 2.0 company that developed the world’s largest community of independent health writers and became one of the largest health sites on the Internet, serving more than 100 million users to date (acquired in early 2009).
Ron is also an angel investor and advisor to health and technology companies, Rock Health (The first Interactive Health Incubator), and Harvard Medical School’s SMArt Initiative (“Substitutable Medical Apps, reusable technologies”). Additionally, Ron frequently speaks at health and technology conferences (such as TED and Health 2.0), writes about technology, health, and smiling in leading publications (such as Forbes, the Huffington Post, and TEDBooks), and serves as the Curator of TEDx Silicon Valley.
Read the Interview with Ron Gutman