Why are hospitals hiring medical device sales reps? Better yet, why are medical device sales reps pursuing new careers with hospitals and what are the future implications of this interesting trend? In this interview with Dr. Richard Ruff, co-founder of Sales Horizons, we learn more about current medical device sales trends and what it takes to become a dominate medical device player in today’s economic environment.
Interview Highlights with Dr. Richard Ruff
- Richard’s impressive bio including the time he spent with Neil Rackham at Huthwaite, Inc. Yes, the Neil Rackham that wrote SPIN Selling.
- How Sales Horizons has managed to increase the ROI of medical device sales training.
- Why are hospitals hiring medical device sales reps? Perhaps more interesting, what are the future implications?
- 2 concepts that Richard believes MUST be honed in order to succeed in today’s medical device sales environment.
- The best practices of superior medical device sales reps.
- You’ve heard of sales role plays. But can they actually be effective? Learn how Richard has transformed sales role plays into a powerful tool.
- And much more!
This Is What You Can Do Next
1) You can listen to the interview with Richard Ruff right now:
2) You can also download the mp3 file of the interview by clicking here.
3) Don’t forget – you can listen to this interview and all of the other Medsider interviews via iTunes. And if you get a chance, leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. It really helps out.
4) Read the following transcripts from my interview with Richard Ruff. Also, feel free to download the transcripts by clicking here.
Who is Dr. Richard Ruff?
Dr. Richard Ruff has spent the last thirty years designing and managing large-scale sales training projects for Fortune 1000 companies like UPS, McKinsey, Apple, and Smith & Nephew. Dick spent the first part of his sales training career with Neil Rackham (SPIN Selling) during the start-up years for Huthwaite, Inc. In 2011, Richard co-founded a new company – Sales Horizons. Dr. Ruff received his Ph.D. in Organizational Psychology from the University of Tennessee and a B.S. from Rennsselaer Polytechnic Institute.
Don’t forget to checkout the Sales Horizons highly informative Sales Training Connection blog.
Read the Interview with Dr. Richard Ruff