Picture this. You walk into a doctor’s office for a 4pm meeting and you pull out your new iPad2. But instead of opening up a clinical study or a marketing piece, you launch a video conference call service. No, it won’t be you selling to the doctor this time. You’re simply going to facilitate a live video call between your doctor and one of his/her counterparts across the country. The result: Your doctor is won over by the perceived trusted advice he/she receives.
In this interview with Rony Sellam, we learn how web 2.0 strategies like the example above are impacting the sales and marketing departments within both large and small medical device companies. Listen close as Rony shares some fascinating insights in regards to the changing business dynamics within today’s healthcare environment. You won’t be disappointed!
Interview Highlights with Rony Sellam
- How NorthPoint Domain is helping hospitals move past the traditional “gym and hotel” business model.
- The unique history, content, and audience of the Endovascular Forum.
- What does the “new customer” look like within the medical device space?
- Certain physician customers are simply unreachable. But is this really true in today’s web 2.0 environment?
- How the Endovascular Forum is changing the plumbing of the sales and marketing departments within medical device companies.
- Rony’s advice for ambitious medical device doers. My personal favorite: Learn to become a facilitator.
- And much more!
This Is What You Can Do Next
1) You can listen to the interview with Rony Sellam right now:
2) You can also download the mp3 file of the interview by clicking here.
3) Don’t forget – you can listen to this interview and all of the other Medsider interviews via iTunes. And if you get a chance, leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. It really helps out.
4) Read the following transcripts from my interview with Rony Sellam. Also, feel free to download the transcripts by clicking here.
Who is Rony Sellam?
Rony Sellam is the Group President and Chief Strategy & Business Development Officer at IC Sciences Corporation. NorthPoint Domain, Endovascular Forum, and Emergent Intelligence Lab are all part of the IC Sciences family. Don’t forget to check out the incredibly popular Facebook page for the Endovascular Forum.
Before joining IC Sciences, Rony spent three years in strategic operations, information systems, and e-business strategy consulting with Deloitte & Touche in Europe and the US. In this capacity, he helped create, fund, establish, and support the growth of several Internet and technology companies. Rony holds a degree in Business and Management from the I.C.N. Graduate Business School in France and from City University of Hong Kong.
Read the Interview with Rony Sellam