Sharing best practices. Bridging knowledge. Identifying resources. Providing access to expertise. Is all of this possible within the medical device space? Answer: it can be! In this interview with Frank Jaskulke and Ryan Baird, we learn how LifeScience Alley is helping its members build and sustain their medical device careers and respective organizations.
Interview Highlights with Frank Jaskulke and Ryan Baird
- What is LifeScience Alley and why is the biotech/pharma segment of their membership growing so fast?
- Three major reasons why should you consider becoming a member of LifeScience Alley.
- The role LifeScience Alley plays in improving the medical device regulatory environment.
- Medical device education and training programs that are offerred through LifeScience Alley.
- Why is outsourced medical device manufacturing coming back to the midwest?
- Is the recession forcing a “connection renaissance” between healthcare providers and industry affiliates?
- Are you an ambitious medical doer? Listen to this advice from Frank and Ryan!
- And much more!
This Is What You Can Do Next
1) You can listen to the interview with Frank and Ryan right now:
2) You can also download the mp3 file of the interview by clicking here.
3) Don’t forget – you can listen to this interview and all of the other Medsider interviews via iTunes. And if you get a chance, leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. It really helps out.
4) Read the following transcripts from my interview with Frank and Ryan. Also, feel free to download the transcripts by clicking here.
Who are Frank and Ryan?
Frank Jaskulke is the Director of Member Services for LifeScience Alley with responsibilities for member service, retention, development and government affairs. In the membership role, he seeks to facilitate new business and clinical opportunities. In the government affairs role, Frank seeks to advocate for affordable and accessible health care technology and Minnesota economic development. Prior to joining LifeScience Alley, he served as a Page for the House Biosciences Committee in the Minnesota State Legislature. Frank received his B.A. and Master’s degrees in political science, from the Twin Cities and Duluth campuses of the University of Minnesota.
Ryan Baird serves as the Director of Marketing & Communications for LifeScience Alley. Since joining the organization in 2005, his main responsibilities have included media relations, content and production of the e-newsletter, website content and maintenance, and communications design and implementation. He is also responsible for overseeing marketing and communications efforts for the Annual Conference & Expo, and manages the New Technology Showcase. Ryan was part of the core team that developed the new organizational identity and image, transitioning the Association from Medical Alley/MNBIO to LifeScience Alley. He was also involved with the development of the new member-focused website and member directory. Ryan holds a Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Spanish from the University of Notre Dame.
Read the Interview with Frank and Ryan