Do you know what it takes for a specialist physician to properly develop patient referral patterns? Helping physicians market and grow their practices is one of the very few ways industry reps can truly bring value to their physician customers. Mary Pat Whaley is here to help us understand how to partner with specialist physicians in order to increase patient referrals.
Who is Mary Pat Whaley?
Mary Pat Whaley is the Founder and CEO of Manage My Practice, LLC. Since 2008, she has provided healthcare managers, executives and providers the resources and information they need to drive excellence in their organizations. Mary Pat has over 25 years of experience in managing physician practices of all sizes and specialties in the private and public sectors. She is Board Certified in Medical Practice Management and a Fellow in the American College of Medical Practice Executives.
Interview Highlights with Mary Pat Whaley
- The largest challenges that medical practices face on a daily basis. Interesting side note: did you know that 25-30% of every dollar is owed by the patient and NOT the insurance company!
- Why vendors and industry reps need to completely understand reimbursement. Hint: a rudimentary knowledge won’t suffice.
- Practical steps vendors and industry reps can take to help physicians build and market their practices.
- Why physicians don’t understand the need to market their practices and what it takes to overcome this mindset.
- And much, much more!
This Is What You Can Do Next
1) You can listen to the interview with Mary Pat Whaley right now:
2) You can also download the mp3 file of the interview by clicking here.
3) Don’t forget – you can listen to this interview and all of the other Medsider interviews via iTunes. And if you get a chance, leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. It really helps out.
4) Read the following transcripts from my interview with Mary Pat Whaley. Also, feel free to download the transcripts by clicking here.
Read the Interview with Mary Pat Whaley