Did you know that Medtronic alone purchased 4,500 iPads in late 2010? 4,500 x $700 (estimated) = $3,000,000! Yes, you read that right. 6 zeros behind the 3. That doesn’t include the reoccurring data charges either. And that’s just one company! Needless to say, the iPad is a hot topic within the medical device space. And who better to speak about this subject than Travis Mark of Mark Medical.
Through his experience and passion for medical sales, Travis founded Mark Medical for the specific purpose of assisting companies in developing the sales tools and resources that their sales reps want and need in the field. Mark Medical’s exclusive experience has enabled them to become the emerging leader in creating custom mobile technologies for the healthcare industry.
Interview Highlights with Travis Mark
- Travis Mark’s unique experience as a medical device sales rep and as a rep for a medical device contract manufacturer.
- The idea that helped Travis form Mark Medical. Hint: Did you know the average rep spends nearly 600 hours per year driving!
- Key components of effective medical device sales training: Expanding reach, improving retention, and leveraging existing time.
- Mark Medical’s 2 buckets – mobile learning and custom app development.
- We all know the iPad is a great presentation tool. But Travis shares an interesting concept about the iPad you probably haven’t thought of before.
- Importance of iPad training in order to increase utilization within the sales force.
- Passion for service. Passion for relationships. Why you should master these 2 concepts.
This Is What You Can Do Next
1) You can listen to the interview with Travis Mark right now:
2) You can also download the mp3 file of the interview by clicking here.
3) Don’t forget – you can listen to this interview and all of the other Medsider interviews via iTunes. And if you get a chance, leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. It really helps out.
4) Read the following transcripts from my interview with Travis Mark. Also, feel free to download the transcripts by clicking here.
Read the Interview with Travis Mark