Picture this. You’re a medical device sales rep covering a procedure in one part of your territory. But unexpectedly, you get a call from a physician needing case support on the other side of your geography. What do you do?
There’s no way you can cover the case, right? The drive-time won’t allow you to get the hospital in time. Perhaps your only option is to provide phone support?
Enter Nurep, a unique mobile platform that allows medical device reps to support physicians in a virtual fashion. Think Skype on steroids. And then apply that thought to the medtech space.
In this interview with Paul Schultz, Cofounder of Nurep, we learn more about their novel platform and how it can foster increased efficiency within the medical device sales channel.
Interview Highlights with Paul Schultz
- Where did the idea for Nurep come from?
- The unique way in which Paul and Adam met their first advisor, Dr. Edward Bender.
- The challenges within the medtech space that Paul and Adam saw when formulating their MVP (minimum viable product).
- Why did Nurep decide to develop for iOS vs. Android?
- 4 key features of the Nurep platform: Product Feeds, Call Pulse, Live Video, and Analytics.
- How have medical device companies responded to Nurep? What has been the response within the healthcare provider community?
- Features of Nurep that we’re likely to see in the future.
- Paul’s thoughts on their experience in Blueprint Health.
- Why did Paul leave behind a solid gig at Cambell Alliance to embark on an entrepreneurial adventure?
- And much more!
This Is What You Can Do Next
1) You can listen to the interview with Paul Schultz right now:
2) You can also download the mp3 file of the interview by clicking here.
Don’t forget – you can listen to this interview and all of the other Medsider interviews via iTunes. And if you get a chance, leave us an honest rating and review.
3) Read the following transcripts from my interview with Paul Schultz.
Read the Interview with Paul Schultz
More About Paul Schultz
Paul Schultz is the cofounder of Nurep. He has over 5 years of experience supporting life science companies with their product launch strategies. Formerly a manager at Campbell Alliance, Paul holds a MBS from Keck Graduate Institute and a BS in Biotechnology from Washington State University.
Nurep is a mobile platform for medical device companies that allows on-demand virtual device support to physicians in the operating room. For the first time, Nurep allows medical device representatives to support physicians in the operating room remotely, enabling them to see more physicians and guarantee 24/7 support.