Information overload is an issue that all of us face. Finding a decent signal in the midst of a very noisy world is a difficult challenge. Few are able to master it on a consistent basis. And that includes doctors.
Check out some of these stats:
- 100,000 scientific journals are now in circulation.
- 30,000 new clinical trials are funded annually.
- 1,500 new articles are published every single day.
In fact, if a general practitioner were to spend just five minutes reading each new article published on primary care, it would take 600 hours each month!
Yes, that is information overload at its finest. But the end results are even more staggering:
- Misdiagnosis is the leading cause of medical error in outpatient facilities.
- 40 million patients experience delayed or poor care as a result of missing information, including historical examinations, tests, and medication reports.
In this interview with Zvi Mowshowitz, CEO of MetaMed, we learn more about their second-opinion service that is taking on the information overload challenge within healthcare by enhancing medical diagnoses through a robust team of researchers and data analysts.
And if you’re in the medtech space, as you listen to this conversation, think about how you could potenitally partner with services like MetaMed as we enter a new era of healthcare in which patients will be more empowered than ever before.
Interview Highlights with Zvi Mowshowitz
- What is MetaMed and why does personalized medicine matter?
- Specific examples of how MetaMed has helped patients with both common and rare diseases.
- From initial consultation to end product, what does the MetaMed process entail?
- How much does the MetaMed service cost and will health insurance companies pay for it?
- Two ways in which the MetaMed “personal health consultancy” can scale.
- Will MetaMed face increased competition in the future?
- Why Zvi transitioned from the gaming space to healthcare.
This Is What You Can Do Next
1) You can listen to the interview with Zvi Mowshowitz right now:
2) You can also download the mp3 file of the interview by clicking here.
Don’t forget – you can listen to this interview and all of the other Medsider interviews via iTunes. And if you get a chance, leave us an honest rating and review.
3) Read the following transcript from my interview with Zvi Mowshowitz.
4) Or, click here to download a copy of the transcript from my interview with Zvi.
Read the Interview with Zvi Mowshowitz
More About Zvi Mowshowitz
Zvi Mowshowitz is the CEO of MetaMed. He is a world class strategist and gamer, and was a Magic: The Gathering World Champion and member of its Hall of Fame. After retiring from the game, he founded a highly profitable startup that was acquired by Pinnacle Sports, the world’s leading sportsbook for American-facing events, where algorithms and strategies he developed have been responsible for over ten billion dollars in transactions. He holds a degree in mathematics from Columbia University.