Shaun Bagai is the CEO of RenovoRx. He has over 16 years of medtech experience across multiple functional areas like clinical research, sales, marketing, and market development. He was instrumental in developing the European market for renal denervation, which led to the acquisition of the first renal denervation company, Ardian, by Medtronic in 2011.
Most recently, Shaun led global market development for HeartFlow, which included directing Japanese market research, regulatory/payer collaboration, and Key Opinion Leader (KOL) development, ultimately resulting in a company investment to form HeartFlow-Japan.
Interview Highlights with Shaun Bagai
- Shaun’s reaction to Medtronic’s acquisition of Ardian back in 2011.
- The power of mentorship and networking and their impact on Shaun’s career.
- How Shaun landed in medtech with TransVascular before it was purchased by Medtronic in the early 2000’s.
- How Shaun’s experience in a field-based sales capacity has helped him throughout his career.
- Shaun’s transition from Medtronic to Ardian and the biggest challenges he faced while developing the market for renal denervation.
- Shaun’s cross-functional experiences while helping to build HeartFlow-Japan.
- What Shaun and his team are building at RenovoRx and what lies ahead for the company.
- Shaun’s favorite business book, the CEO that inspires him, and what he would tell his 25-year old self.
This Is What You Can Do Next
1) Listen to the interview with Shaun Bagai right now:
2) You can also download the mp3 file of the interview by clicking here.
Don’t forget – you can listen to this interview and all of the other Medsider interviews via iTunes. And if you get a chance, leave us an honest rating and review.