There will continue to be an increasing number of patients that need healthcare. But, the reimbursement for healthcare services will continue to decline. In other words, there will be more customers checking out, but less money coming through the cash register.
Therefore, healthcare providers will be looking for solutions that are both substantial and sustainable. Message to medical device professionals: do your products and solutions pass this “S and S” test?
In this interview, Lars Thording and Randel Richner further explain the challenges that healthcare providers are facing and what type of solutions they are looking for. Lars is the VP of Marketing for Intralign while Randel is the VP of Advanced Analytics.
Here’s What You Will Learn
- What are the biggest challenges that healthcare providers are facing right now?
- Cost vs. quality: What’s more important? Can you avoid the trade-off?
- How does Intralign help healthcare providers control costs and improve the delivery of care?
- How and why are providers missing the mark in regards to the “intra-operative space”?
- The impact of advanced analytics and “intelligent care design” on the delivery of care and cost containment.
- Advice from Lars and Randel on how medtech companies can best partner with providers in the new era of healthcare.
- And much more!
This Is What You Can Do Next
1) You can listen to the interview with Lars and Randel right now:
2) You can also download the mp3 file of the interview by clicking here.
Don’t forget – you can listen to this interview and all of the other Medsider interviews via iTunes. And if you get a chance, leave us an honest rating and review.
3) Read the following transcripts from my interview with Lars and Randel. Also, feel free to download the transcripts by clicking here.
Read the Interview
More About Lars and Randel
Lars Thording is the VP of Marketing & Public Affairs for Intralign. Prior to Intralign, Lars led Marketing and PR for Stryker Sustainability Solutions (formerly Ascent) and served on the executive leadership team as well as on Stryker’s worldwide Marketing Council. While with Ascent and Stryker, Lars introduced an aggressive re-positioning plan and executed novel marketing and PR strategies that allowed Ascent/Stryker to achieve and maintain an uncontested industry leadership position. Lars also served as a member of the board at AMDR (Association of Medical Device Manufacturers).
Born in Denmark, Lars initially pursued an academic career, teaching at universities in Denmark, Ireland and the United States. After more than ten years in academia, Lars became a branding consultant helping large pharmaceutical companies position and launch blockbuster brands. Since 2008, Lars has served as a marketing and PR executive. Lars has undergraduate degrees in Theology, Education and Marketing; a Masters degree in International Commerce; and a Ph.D. in Marketing.
Randel Richner is the Executive VP of Advanced Analytics for Intralign. Richner has over 20 years experience working in health policy, reimbursement, economics, and data analytics for technology companies and providers. In 2006 Richner founded Neocure Group, a consulting firm specializing in reimbursement and healthcare data analytics. Prior to founding the Neocure Group, Richner was VP of Global Government Affairs, Reimbursement and Outcomes Planning for Boston Scientific Corporation.
Richner served a four-year term as the first industry representative to the Executive Committee of the Medicare Coverage Advisory Committee (MCAC), contributing to the development of national coverage and MCAC process guidelines. Richner continues to serve on the Executive Advisory Board to the Dean of the University of Michigan’s School of Public Health. Richner has a master’s degree in public health policy and administration from the University of Michigan. Prior to her current career, Richner was a practicing dialysis and transplant nurse for 12 years at the University of Michigan Hospital and Northern Michigan Hospital.