Dr. Michael Rosenberg, an Interventional Radiologist at the University of Minnesota, had seen enough. Yet another catheter had pulled out accidentally from one of his patients. To solve this problem, Dr. Rosenberg would then have to re-insert the catheter and secure it in place with sutures. In order to alleviate this burden, he invented what is now the SecurAcath, a subcutaneous catheter securement system. In this interview with Steve Zielinski, the VP of Sales for Interrad Medical, we learn more about this this unique medical device and the history of Interrad Medical.
Interview Highlights with Steve Zielinski
- What’s so different about the SecurAcath medical device?
- Has anyone actually said “no” when comparing the SecurAcath to alternative medical devices?
- Why Interrad Medical may eventually employ the Intel business model.
- Interrad Medical’s recent unique Series C round of financing with angel investors.
- Steve’s advice for medical device sales reps pertaining to large medical device companies vs. small start-ups.
- The importance of understanding the nuances of the specialist physicians you’re calling on.
- And much more!
This Is What You Can Do Next
1) You can listen to the interview with Steve Zielinski right now:
2) You can also download the mp3 file of the interview by clicking here.
3) Don’t forget – you can listen to this interview and all of the other Medsider interviews via iTunes. And if you get a chance, leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. It really helps out.
4) Read the following transcripts from my interview with Steve Zielinski. Also, feel free to download the transcripts by clicking here.
Who is Steve Zielinski?
Steve “Zeke” Zielinksi is the VP of Sales for Interrad Medical, which manufactures the SecurAcath, a unique subcutaneous catheter securement system. He has over 20 years of successful medical device experience, including several senior-level management and leadership positions, in both medical start-ups and fortune 500 companies. Steve has run sales organizations at Boston Scientific, Angiotech, and most recently LifeWatch Services. He is also a veteran of product device launches and successfully launched Boston Scientific’s new drug eluting stent to a #1 market share position. Steve has a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management from Purdue University.
Read the Interview with Steve Zielinski