Okay, so you have this great idea for a medical device. You think it could really be a game changer. Now what? Who’s going to build it? What about patents? Will it pass through the regulatory system? Reimbursement? The list goes on and on. In this interview with Michael Sinsheimer, we learn how Medtech Catalyst helps physicians, engineers, and academic medical centers translate their medical device concepts into reality.
Interview Highlights with Michael Sinsheimer
- What is Medtech Catalyst and what role do they play in bringing medical devices to market?
- Why are more medical device companies seeking international approval before US approval?
- Large medical device companies are becoming more active with their venture arms. Will this trend continue?
- What does the future hold for medical device venture capital and angel funding?
- The evolution of outsourced R&D departments within large medical device companies.
- Michael’s background and successes that helped propel his medical device career.
- Do you have an idea for a medical device? 2 questions you need to ask yourself.
- And much more!
This Is What You Can Do Next
1) You can listen to the interview with Michael Sinsheimer right now:
2) You can also download the mp3 file of the interview by clicking here.
3) Don’t forget – you can listen to this interview and all of the other Medsider interviews via iTunes. And if you get a chance, leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. It really helps out.
4) Read the following transcripts from my interview with Michael Sinsheimer. Also, feel free to download the transcripts by clicking here.
Who is Michael Sinsheimer?
Michael Sinsheimer is the President and Founder of Medtech Catalyst, which partners with physician inventors and academic medical centers in an effort to commercialize their innovations. Medtech Catalyst currently has 8 portfolio companies. Michael has a MBA from New York University and a MHA from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Do you have an idea for a medical device? If so, email Michael at email@example.com.
Read the Interview with Michael Sinsheimer