Dr. Bob Smouse has over 20 years of experience in interventional radiology, endovascular surgery and clinical research. In addition to acting as CEO and CMO of BrightWater Medical and teaching at the University of Illinois College of Medicine, he provides interventional medical services to local hospitals through Central Illinois Radiology Associates.
Dr. Smouse is a medical consultant and scientific advisory board member for a host of medical device companies including Boston Scientific, Cook Medical, Endotronics, Novate Medical, Crocks Biomedical, Endoshape, the Medicines Company, and Varian Medical. Dr. Smouse has been involved in more than 30 international and national clinical research trials as the Global, National, and Local Principle Investigator and is the author of nearly 150 scientific publications and presentations.
Interview Highlights with Dr. Bob Smouse
- The time when Dr. Smouse and his team first believed they had a winner on their hands with the ConvertX System.
- How Dr. Smouse and his team built out their first prototype.
- His approach to raising money for BrightWater Medical, which involved a partnership with the venture arm of OSF, a large hospital system in the Midwest.
- The regulatory pathway that Dr. Smouse followed for the ConvertX System and what he learned through that process.
- How Dr. Smouse and his team are approaching value-based healthcare with respect to the ConvertX System.
- Smouse’s favorite business book, the CEO he most admires, and the advice he’d give to his 30-year-old self.
This Is What You Can Do Next
1) Listen to the interview with Dr. Bob Smouse right now:
2) You can also download the mp3 file of the interview by clicking here.
Don’t forget – you can listen to this interview and all of the other Medsider interviews via iTunes. And if you get a chance, leave us an honest rating and review.