In this episode of Medsider Radio, we downloaded with Jennifer Fried, the CEO and Co-Founder of ExplORer Surgical. Jennifer founded the company with Dr. Alex Langerman as an MBA student at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, where she received her degree with honors in finance and entrepreneurship.
Previously, Jennifer was a Vice President at Park Lane Ventures, a healthcare-focused venture capital fund spun out of Essex Woodlands. Jennifer began her career as a consultant at Bain & Company in Chicago after graduating from Northwestern University.
With me on this episode is special guest host, Norbert Juist, who runs Sales Performance Resources, where he specializes in recruiting for medical device marketing and sales positions. Prior to this, he was a sales rep at Cordis Endovascular, a spine consultant at Synthes, and a sales rep at Ethicon.
Interview Highlights with Jennifer Fried
- What is ExplORer Surgical and what challenges does their platform solve for medtech companies?
- The origin story of ExplORer Surgical.
- How most medical device companies capture procedural data and workflow processes, and why it’s completely outdated.
- The challenges medtech companies are facing when it comes to educational training & product development and why they’re considering platforms like ExplORer Surgical.
- What does the future look like when it comes to medical devices companies and their ability to capture intra-operative data.
- Jennifer’s favorite business book, the business leader she most admires, and the advice she’d give to herself 5-10 years ago.
Listen to the Interview with Jennifer Fried
Read the Interview with Jennifer Fried
Download a copy of the interview transcript right here.