Have you heard of the OODA cycle? Okay, neither had I before my conversation with Arun Ranchod. What if more medical device companies adopted principles from the OODA cycle? Could this be the single most important factor in successfully maneuvering through today’s rapidly changing healthcare landscape? If you’re interested in a heavy dose of wisdom, listen closely to this interview with Arun as he provides insights into his impressive career advancement, the importance of learning agility, and much more!
Interview Highlights with Arun Ranchod
- How Arun was able to consistently get promoted throughout his 9-year career at Medrad.
- Arun’s annual 2-week reflection period and how that aided in his professional development.
- Learn why Arun thinks his liberal arts degree paid big dividends throughout his medical device career.
- The common denominators of medical device companies that are adapting well to the changing healthcare landscape.
- The importance of looking to other disciplines for insight.
- Is Arun the only one that thinks the healthcare system is ripe for enormous opportunity?
- It sounds simple, but can open communication be the most important factor in improving the FDA regulatory process?
- Arun’s advice for ambitious medical device doers. My favorite: Look for opportunities to learn in other places.
- Should you get your MBA simply to “check the box”?
- And much more!
This Is What You Can Do Next
1) You can listen to the interview with Arun Ranchod right now:
2) You can also download the mp3 file of the interview by clicking here.
3) Don’t forget – you can listen to this interview and all of the other Medsider interviews via iTunes. And if you get a chance, leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes. It really helps out.
4) Read the following transcripts from my interview with Arun Ranchod. Also, feel free to download the transcripts by clicking here.
Who is Arun Ranchod?
Arun Ranchod is the Global Business Development Manager within the Life Sciences division at Parker-Hannifin. Prior to joining Parker-Hannifin, Arun held the title of Corporate Development Manager for Medrad. Arun earned his MBA from Syracuse University, his Master of Science in Biomedial Engineering from the University of Virginia, and his Bachelor of Arts in Math from the College of Wooster.
Read the Interview with Arun Ranchod