Over the last 20 years, Dr. Tej Singh has served as the Founder and Chief of Vascular Surgery for three large, multidisciplinary vascular programs in Silicon Valley. He has vast experience with renal failure and vascular access procedures, and is acutely focused on his first company, Fist Assist Devices. Dr. Singh’s company is developing the first renal care wearable device for venous enlargement and dialysis enhancement.
In this episode, Dr. Singh and I talk about the primary challenge that Fist Assist Devices is trying to solve, the origin story for their first product, his approach to mapping out clinical trial strategies, and much more.
Interview Highlights with Dr. Tej Singh
- Who is Dr. Tej Singh and what is his background?
- What is Fist Assist Devices and what challenges are they trying to solve?
- The origin story for their first product and the critical inflection points for the company.
- How Dr. Singh evaluated the IP landscape for his first device.
- Dr. Singh’s approach to mapping out clinical trial strategies.
- How he navigated the insurance coverage and reimbursement landscape.
- His unique approach to strategic patience and why it’s crucial for medtech startups.
- Dr. Singh’s favorite book, the leader he most admires, and the advice he’d give to his 30-year-old self.